Thursday, November 15, 2007

Natasha's Experience in Japan

I had a splendid experience when I travelled to Japan in July’07. The reason why I said it’s splendid is merely because it’s my dream to travel to Japan. I’ve never been to Japan but kinda like the feeling that this country impressed me.

Well, I’d say that I’ve unofficially visited Japan for 2 times. Why? I have 2-time Japan visa in my passport. Why? In 2005, I almost got to Japan successfully but the plan was called off last minute due to Duncan’s business trip was postponed. (He supposed to do the same thing, which is bringing his wife along during his business trip to Japan).

In 2006, same thing happened again. Whenever I thought I’d be in Japan next week, and things got pulled back last minute. This year, when Duncan told me that he has an assignment to go over for a meeting, to be frank, I don’t show any reaction. I don’t remember when the visa was ready and how I made myself not to wait for the trip. Until we got the air ticket booked, annual leave approved, JR ticket bought, I started to believe that I’d be in Japan next few days, at least for this time, successfully.

I finally stepped in to KLIA then to Narita Airport. It’s not end yet. My passport was on-hold by a custom officer and was told to have suspicious towards my passport. Time ticking and ticking, i was called after around 30 minutes. The officer raised questions like the purpose of our visit, what we do for our living, what kind of relationship and etc. After the “Q&A” session, they shot a photo of myself to prove I am the person in my passport and released us.

Throughout my trip in Japan, I wrote down some blogs to share my feeling and view against this country of rising sun.

To be continued .......

No comments: